Friday, May 19, 2006
Destroying Working Class America
The GOP budget resolution also includes:
- cuts in funding to almost every job program in the Dept. of Health and Human Services
- underfunding of Veteran's programs to the tune of approx. $6 billion
- Huge increases in TRICARE medical costs to veterans. In many cases costs will be doubled and tripled for retired senior enlisted personnel and retired officers.
- cuts that could reduce the size of the Army National Guard by as much as 17,000
- cuts $6.1 billion below current funding levels that fund Homeland Security port security grants that protect the physical security of our ports.
So keep in mind that these cuts are thanks to Sue Kelly and the GOP who feel that those earning over a million dollars a year need a $42,000 tax cut.